Saturday, May 9, 2009


25K
15.5 miles
Runner # 5733
2:10:58.
Fifth Third River Bank Run, Grand Rapids, Michigan


Wooo! I successfully completed 15.5miles without stopping and keeping a rather impressing pace. It was my first time that I did not run by myself, instead I shared the road with 17,000 other runners. Spirits were high and we started with a great pace. Caitlin, Chris, Kelly, Matt, Morgan and I were tackling this beast as a group, to the best of our abilities. The roads were lined with people shouting and encouraging, handing out water, ice, and gatorade, and supporting everyone.I chose a slower pace about half way through at the 8mile marker, I ran alone at a nice steady pace for a couple miles until I was surprised to hear Morgan's encouragement catching me. From then on Morgan and I helped push each other until we had 2 miles left; at that point we extended the stride and started running. I was relieved to finish, out of breath, but my body was better than I had expected. The Physical Therapy paid off! The time has come to say goodbye to Allendale for the summer. Time to pack the van and start summer with adventure numero 1: Orlando, FL; here we come


Good Job 25K River Runnas

No comments:

Post a Comment