Sunday, June 7, 2009

I woke up this morning in a frost covered sleeping bag, luckily my liner, layers and sleeping bag kept me warm and asleep thru the night. It was difficult to fall asleep last night because there was a full moon, natures nightlight, kept the ground lit and created wonderful shadows you could even see some colors with the moonlight alone. Come roughly 8000ft closer to the moon and remove light pollution and it is amazing how well it reflects the sun. Staff campout is always a great time, cooking dinner on coleman stoves and then always some frisbee and ridiculous games. I am still awaiting on my trip assignments for the summer but I am excited by the possibilities. Lately at camp we have been learning general stuff about how to care for campers and how to solve conflicts. I was also able to take a Wilderness First Aid course so that I am now certified to administer first aid in the backcountry. They taught us lots of interesting things like how to fix dislocations, spinal injury care, hypothermia, abrasions, shock, setting bones and even how to make good slings and "casts" in the backcountry using gear you would find in a backpack. The weather here has improved we are now lucky to have nice warm sunny mornings, although the windy or rainy afternoons come like clockwork from the west around noon each day. Life here is good but the sunests, cloud formations and night sky are superior.

No comments:

Post a Comment