Monday, September 7, 2009





All moved in, Grand Rapids, MI. Year five of college has begun at Grand Valley State University. One more year until I hold the bachelor in hand. Classes have begun and the great Michigan fall is near.

My latest adventure was for a college credit. Large boat sailing, in fact. The most fun credit I have taken at Grand Valley State University by far. 8 students met on a sail boat in Great Lakes marina, located on Muskegon Lake. The first evening we took the boat out and learned the skill by doing the task, Myudic (the name of the boat). We had light winds but nothing extreme. That night Capt. Rick took us to a funky pizza place, but had delicious beer and pizza.

Day two we were able to go out on the Big Lake, Lake Michigan. I was amped to take the boat out and sail in some great wind. Unfortunately there was no wind forecasted, and indeed none came. However we made the most of our adventure to the depths of Lake Michigan, and jumped off the boat (pic above). The water was clearer than imaginable. I was able to see the sail boats keel underwater from 20ft away. I took the opportunity to try to swim as deep as I could, and was surprised when Capt. told me he could see me the whole way.



Marina, include your email in a comment, so I can contact you!!

2 comments:

  1. Was this a credit you paid for??? LOL! I guess it can't all be serious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olá! If my classes in College were like that, I wouldn’t mind, at all, study for at least 10 years…. Please do write me, make you next adventure here in Brazil, I promise you the best trip ever. My e-mail is marinatoledo@hotmail.com Love Marina

    ReplyDelete